My Photo
Name:
Location: I'm a KL baby XD!, Selangor, Malaysia

.:simplicity to extreme is all my style:. *peace*

Thursday, September 6, 2007

.:The hills are alive... with the sound of music..:.

On the 1st of September, I woke up early although I heard my PC playing "Wake Me Up When September Ends".. But I couldn't..It was gonna be a very special day, an event which I never experienced before which was the MYOF aka Malaysian Youth Orchestra Foundation. Took place the prestigious 6-star hotel ,The Palace of the Golden Horses which is just next to The Mines Resort City at Jalan Kuda Emas, Seri Kembangan. Well, I dint just go there by myself. Apparently, Michelle's sis, Poi Yen took part of the event under Grade 8 Piano competition. Oh yea, there were tons of categories - concerto, choir, piano, guitar, violin, woodwind, ensemble but too bad they dint have competitions for electone. Sigh,, oh well. =( I did not have any transport and I heard Poi Yen will be there with her music teacher, Ms.Mah. Eventually, I asked her music teacher for the transport to join Poi Yen. Thanks Ms.Mah!!! =))


Ops, erm btw guys, there weren't many good pics here and some are quite blur cause it was very difficult to grab a pic in a room which is not bright enough and i cant use flash you see,, it disturb the contestant =="

Ok, I dint take much photos though cause the three of us went searching high and low where was the venue of event. Gosh, there's one mistake the event planer did-for not stating the exact venue of the event. But of course, we managed to find it.


The lobby-very spacious and decorative ^^Like I said, the name of the hotel says it all [Palace of the Golden Horses]

When we reached to the place, there was only one word to describe-crowded.

We were quite late because of that long queue and I regret I did not book the tickets earlier T__T lolx. So Poi Yen's performance will be starting at 1.10pm the first contestant after a short break at the Conference 2 room, under the category of Grade 8 Piano Solo. When we went inside the room, the first contestant had already begun. Well at first it was under the category of Diploma Piano Solo and whaddaya know? That first contestant that we saw when we came in(first pic below) won the first place. *claps* He was good xDD.. here are the pics..(sorry, it's blur i know!)
Poi Yen's teacher's friend lolx. Her piece was from Franz Listz under the category of Diploma Piano. It was enjoyable ^___^ really it is..

We cam whore a lil to calm Poi Yen down haha.. Outside of the room.Before the short break, we managed to sneak to other rooms to watch like the Ensemble. Inside we got to watch a duet with one playing the piano and the other was the clarinet. Yet, i pity the girl who played the clarinet cuz it sounded like she forgot the score.. Poor girl~
Right after their performance, we quickly marched to another room which was the Auditorium where the Concerto category were going on. OH yeah, the auditorium. You guessed it. A Big hall. lolx But initially, you have to wait for the every competitors to finish its piece before you can enter or exit the room. Meanwhile when we were all waiting outside, practically I was just snatching my camera quickly from my bag and grabbed as many pics as I could.

Behind the Big Hall. Love the art of the doors and the pillars too xD It's lovely.

Then into the big hall.. *drums roll*...

WEEEE~~~ Fortunately, I finally get to meet NG CHONG LIM =DD ahaha,, I played his pieces before.. it's so nice ^___^. Here was one concerto with him(left) and Dana Alexander(right)[i must say, he's quite cute xDDDDDDD, whtever~!!] playing a piece by Sergei Rachmaninoff-2nd Concerto For Piano Op. 18, 1st Movement.
It's lunch time yes. We head to a buffet at the hotel with the cost of 48rm each. Not bad though~ @@
A harmony view by the window
Runway hall~
Right one floor under, we had our lunch there. Just in time, we managed to get our seats before more people were coming down to get seats.

Seriously, I don't know write much about the food. At first, I started off with some fried rice and along with a crab stick, dumplings, and the long bundle whtever it is @@ and a cookie yes~ It was... kinda..okay for me.. except for the rice which was slightly cold. But it was still satisfying for me~

While Poi Yen filled her empty plate with fried rice too, crab stick, tofu and others which obviously I forgot what was it called @@.

Desserts? Oh yeah baby, the pic you see below was my plate which was loaded with chocolate cookies[yup that's mua favourite], and then some cheese choc cake [i think again] and another choc cookies with some nuts on top.. dun mind me. I suck at describing the food~~ *bangs head on the wall*
After that, Poi Yen finally got changed and dressed up with a little a help from me before the next category starts xDD
Poi Yen was the lucky number one contestant and her piece was no other than from Chopin xDD - Deux Nocturne Op 55 no.1.
In the end of the competition, Poi Yen dint get to win unfortunately=( Maybe she was nervous I supposed. But even so, it was just the beginning for Poi Yen and getting experience =D
This man was making a small speech to congrats every contestant for this and that..after the category ended.

And the prize giving session~

HOWEVER, I was very amazed during the prize giving session. A kid who was on the same category with Poi Yen , AND HE GOT THE SECOND PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY @!*% and he was only wht? 8!!!??? Man, my mouth was really wide opened. I couldnt believe that so many contestant had lost to a 8 years old kid who got second. But the first was someone else who I forgot again cuz i was too focused on the little kid. * salute * seriously, 8 years old in a Grade 8 Piano Solo? You're sick man@__@~!!!

~*~

In the meantime, a tragedy happened at one room which was the Majestic 3 room. The first contestant was playing her piece when all of the sudden, an awkward sound was heard from a boy behind. Obviously, everyone turned back to look what happened. The boy actually fainted [i think, cuz i dunno what really happened to him] after his was making a awful sound as if he was gonna puke but it turned it was something far worse. Some said he was sprain at somewhere his neck and some said he had fixed. @@ but I was scared at that time cuz the sound made me almost thought he died [ JUST AN REACTION!!! ] but I hope he was okay right now. *prays*

Last but not least, well I did manage to get to see Bobby Chen weee~~=DD I'd got nothing much to tell actually =="

*peace*

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home